How to use your work folder
When you want to use your personal work folder, click on:
My work folder
The use of My work folder is very easy. For those who are not familiar with internet, we give a step by step guidance:
- After clicking on this link, you will see a popup screen.
- Fill in your login name and password and confirm. If you do not have a login name and password, see the information under 3 - 6. Otherwise, go directly to 7.
- You need a personal account to use your personal work folder. So when you do not have this personal account yet, you have to create it first.
- To create a new personal account, click on the link at the bottom of your popup screen.
- A new popup screen will appear. Choose a login name and a password. To avoid making mistakes, you have to fill in your password twice.
- Please, remember your login name and password well or - even better - write it down. If you forget your login name or password, your search results will be lost. Your login name and password are saved encrypted on our server. Nobody will be able to give you your forgotten login name or password.
- You get a new popup screen with your personal work folder. When you have stored many queries, it might take some time before your search results are visible in your personal work folder.
- When it is the first time you use My work folder, please read the short introduction carefully.
- First, under points 10 - 21, the making and editing of categories and subcategories will be explained. From point 22 on, an explanation will be given concerning the listing of your search results.
- In the left frame, you will see your list of categories. When it is the first time you use My work folder or you have never made new categories, you will only see My Folder.
- My Folder is the default folder where all queries (search results) will be stored when you have not rearranged your queries.
- When you click on My folder, you will see in the right frame all queries (search results) stored in the default category My folder.
- When you are in the default category My Folder, you will see at the top of the right frame a button called Add new category. You have to use this button if you want to rearrange your search results.
- After clicking the button Add new category, you will see a new frame.
- You can create a new category by filling in a name and - if you like - some extra information about this category. E.g. you fill in under Title: "Cape of Good Hope" and under Description: "all my results concerning this region".
- If you have one or more categories, you are also able to make subcategories. You can do so by choosing one of the categories in the picklist Create category in. This way you can make e.g. subcategories "period 1680-1690", "period 1690-1700" etc., or the subcategories "Stellenbosch", "Rio de la Goa", etc.
- In the left frame you will see a list of the categories and subcategories you created.
- When you click on a category or subcategory you will see at the top of the right frame three buttons: Add new category, Edit category and Delete category.
- Add new category has been explained under 14 - 16.
- Delete category needs no further explanation. Be aware, that if you delete a category of subcategory, you will loose all search results stored in these categories.
- Edit category enables you to move a subcategory from one category to another category. You can also change the title and the description. This will not effect the stored queries (search results).
- When you click on one of the categories in the left frame, you will see your stored queries (search results) listed in the right frame.
- When you click on a title of a query, you will see your search results.
- To the right of the titles of your queries, you will see four icons.
- By clicking on the icon move, you can reorganise your queries (search results). You can change the title and the description and you can store the query in another category or subcategory.
- By clicking on the icon delete, you can delete the query.
- By clicking on the icon print, you can print your search results.
- By clicking on the icon download, you can download your search results to your own personal computer.
- Your search results will be downloaded in spreadsheet format (table). This enables you to rearrange and use the data any way you like.